Revision for Vintage Mechanical WatchesFebruary 3, 2019
Revision for quartz chronographs
159,00 € Excl. VAT
plus Shipping costs
General overhaul including cleaning, dismantling and reassembly, application of grease and oil for quartz chronographs
Delivery timeframe: 3/4 weeks
Revision for quartz chronographs.
General overhaul including cleaning, disassembly and reassembly, application of grease and oil, including:
- Cleaning of wristband, clasp, case, dial, hands, etc.
- Disassembly of the movement, professional cleaning of all parts
- Reassembly of the movement, including oiling according to the recommendations and guidelines of the manufacturer
- Greasing of rubber seals on stems, pushers and case back seals with water-repellent watchmaker grease.
In addition and on request / depending on the current condition of the watch, we offer the following (prices are to be determined separately):
- Glass replacement (replacement glass sold separately)
- Replacement of the housing seal (seal available separately)
- Replacement of rubber seals on crowns (rubber seals sold separately).
The revision described is reserved exclusively for vintage quartz chronographs. The service itself does not include a water resistance test: Vintage watches are usually not water resistant. Many were never water resistant, others are not anymore. Over the decades, seals become porous so that water can penetrate the case. Even if all seals are replaced with new ones, the metal surfaces on which they work can be pitted, cracked or uneven. All watches that were once designed for use in water should be tested for water resistance every so often. A water pressure resistance test can be performed upon request at no cost, yet we cannot guarantee that the watch will pass the test successfully even after a complete service.