Revision of Vintage Quartz Watches
General overhaul including cleaning, disassembly and reassembly, application of grease and oil:
- Cleaning of bracelets, clasp, case, dial, hands, etc.
- Disassembly of the movement, professional cleaning of all parts
- Reassembly of the movement, including oiling according to the manufacturer’s recommendations and guidelines.
- Greasing of rubber seals on stems, pushers and case gaskets with water repellent watchmaker grease.
- Additionally and upon request / depending on the current condition of the watch, we offer the following (prices to be determined separately):
- Replacement of the glass (replacement glass available separately)
- Replacement of the case gasket (gasket sold separately)
- Replacement of the rubber gaskets on the crowns (rubber gaskets available separately).
The revision described is intended exclusively for Vintage Quartz Watches. The service itself does not include water resistance testing: vintage watches are generally not water resistant. Many were never water resistant or no longer are. Over the decades, the seals become porous, allowing water to enter the case. Even if all the gaskets are replaced with new ones, the metal surfaces on which they work may be pitted, cracked or uneven. All watches, once designed for use in water, should be tested for water resistance from time to time. A water pressure test can be performed free of charge upon request, but we cannot guarantee that the watch will successfully pass the test even after a complete service.